How to Address the Solicitor General

The Solicitor General of the United States

—-Envelope or address block in an email:
—-—-The Honorable
—-—-(Full Name)
—-—-Solicitor General

—-Letter salutation:
—-—-Dear Mr./Madam Solicitor General:
—-—-Dear Solicitor General:
—-—-—-or less formally,
—-—-Dear Mr./Ms. (Surname):

A solicitor general is the high legal official. In the United States the federal government’s lawyer in the Supreme Court is the Solicitor General of the United States. A solicitor general usually serves under a higher official such as an Attorney General.

—-—-Robert Hickey

Related Posts: --------Acting --------Candidate for Office --------Deceased --------Designate --------Elect --------Former --------The Honorable, Use of --------Interim --------The Late, Use of --------Nominee --------Pro Tempore --------Retiree

Robert Hickey author of "Honor & Respect"

When Should You Use the Forms on this Page?

You can use these forms of address for any mode of communication: addressing a letter, invitation, card or Email. (If there are differences between the official and social forms of address, I will have mentioned the different forms.)  The form noted in the salutation is the same form you say when you say their name in conversation or when you greet them.

Not Finding Your Answer?

—-#1)  At right on desktops, at the bottom of every page on tablets and phones, is a list of all the offices, officials & topics covered on the site.

—-#2)  If you don’t see the official you seek included or your question answered send me an e-mail. I am pretty fast at sending a reply: usually the next day or so (unless I am traveling.)  Note: I don’t have mailing or Email addresses for any of the officials and I don’t keep track of offices that exist only in history books.

—-#3)  If I think your question is of interest to others, Sometimes I post the question  – but always change all the specifics.

— Robert Hickey 

Robert Hickey author of "Honor & Respect"