How to Address a Delegate | U.S. House of Representatives

How to Address a Delegate | Member of the U.S. House of Representatives

—–Envelope or address block on letter or email:
—–—–The Honorable
—–—–(Full Name)
—–—–Delegate to (Assembly) for (Jurisdiction)

—–—–Dear Mr./Ms. (Surname):

Mr./Ms. (Surname) is the traditional formal form for written correspondance. A delegate may prefer in oral conversation, or in a salutation, an honorific such as delegate, representative, congressman or congresswoman. Follow the preference of the official.

Related Posts:
Couples: Private Citizens
Couples: Christian Clergy
Couples: Rabbis
Couples: Military
Couples: U.S. Officials
Couples: Same Sex

Robert Hickey author of “Honor & Respect”

When Should You Use the Forms on this Page?

You can use these forms of address for any mode of communication: addressing a letter, invitation, card or Email. (If there are differences between the official and social forms of address, I will have mentioned the different forms.)  The form noted in the salutation is the same form you say when you say their name in conversation or when you greet them.

Not Finding Your Answer?

—-#1)  At right on desktops, at the bottom of every page on tablets and phones, is a list of all the offices, officials & topics covered on the site.

—-#2)  If you don’t see the official you seek included or your question answered send me an e-mail. I am pretty fast at sending a reply: usually the next day or so (unless I am traveling.)  Note: I don’t have mailing or Email addresses for any of the officials and I don’t keep track of offices that exist only in history books.

—-#3)  If I think your question is of interest to others, Sometimes I post the question  – but always change all the specifics.

— Robert Hickey 

Robert Hickey author of “Honor & Respect”